Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • How can I dispose of unwanted medications?

    The Chippewa County Community Drug Task Force has a medication box located in the lobby of the Chippewa Falls Police Department.  Unwanted medications can be dropped off Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm.  Simply place all pill medications in a plastic bag and place the bag in the med box.  No pill bottles please.
  • Where do I get information on the Happy Tails Dog park?

    Happy Tails Dog park permits can be purchased at the Chippewa Falls Police Department, Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm

    To download forms and information, go to the Happy Tails Dog Park?

  • Where can I purchase a dog or cat license?

    Licenses for dog and cats can be purchased at the Police Department Monday through Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm; No holidays.

    Every owner of a dog or cat more than 5 months of age must obtain a license.  

    Proof of vaccination and if animal is neutered or spayed must be shown at time of license purchase.  Neutered males and spayed females are $8.00 per year.  All others are $13.00 per  year.
    • Cash or check only.
  • Is it legal to park a semi-trailer on City streets?

    City ordinance prohibits the parking of semi-trailers on City streets except when in the process of loading or unloading their contents.
    It is illegal for a semi-trailer operator to “drop” a trailer on City streets.
  • Keys in unattended vehicle ordinance.

    No person shall permit a motor vehicle in his/her custody to stand or remain unattended upon any street, alley, or public place in the City without first stopping the engine, locking the ignition, and removing the key, unless all vehicle doors and windows are locked and the vehicle secured. 

    Whenever any police officer of the City shall find any such motor vehicle, a police officer shall remove the keys and deliver them to the Police Department. Officers will attach a notice to the vehicle that the keys shall be returned to the owner upon presentation of such notice and proof of ownership. 

    The penalty for violation of this section shall be a parking ticket fine in the amount of $50.
  • Can I park my car on the street overnight?

    Winter ordinance overnight parking on City streets is restricted City-wide between November 15th and March 31st.  
    City ordinance prohibits the parking of vehicles on City streets for more than 30 minutes between the hours of 2:00 am and 6:00 am
    This restriction applies to the downtown business district year round.

  • How can I obtain a set of my fingerprints for employment, etc.?

    The Chippewa Falls Police Department no longer provides fingerprinting services.  Residents of Chippewa County (including the entire city of Chippewa Falls) can contact the Chippewa County Sheriff's Office for further details regarding fingerprinting services.  (715) 726-7701 or
  • How do I pay for citations?

    Only Chippewa Falls Police Department parking tickets can be paid at the Chippewa Falls Police Department between the hours of 7:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday – No holidays. All parking ticket fine amounts double if not paid within five days. 
    • Cash or check only

    Red parking ticket collection boxes are located in front of the Police Department and City Hall, 30 W. Central Street.  

    All other citations must be paid at the Chippewa County Courthouse, Clerk of Courts Office, 711 N. Bridge Street, Chippewa Falls.