2017 - 2018 CITY OF CHIPPEWA FALLS
SNOW AND ICE REMOVAL FROM SIDEWALKS
Chapter 8.11 of the Municipal Code of the City of Chippewa Falls requires:
- That the owner or occupant shall keep the sidewalks abutting their premises reasonably clear of ice and snow.
- That the owner or occupant shall clear the snow from the sidewalks within 24 hours after each snow fall.
If the owner or occupant fails to clear the snow and ice as required:
1. A private contractor will be hired to clean the sidewalk and/or place sand.
2. The cost of performing the work will be charged against the property as a special tax.
3. A $25.00 administrative charge will also be added to this special tax each time that removal by the City is required.
No notice will be given to the owner or occupant before authorizing a contractor to perform the work.
- Designated Office Hours
- 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- *The City Inspector may be available additional hours.
- To schedule an appointment outside of designated office hours.
- Call: 715-726-2752
- Email: email@example.com
- Designated Inspection Hours
- 10:15 AM - 11:30 AM
- 2:15 PM - 4:00 PM
As required by the State of Wisconsin, the City of Chippewa Falls maintains a list of persons who submit a request to receive notice of any proposed zoning action that affects the allowable use of the person's property.
If the Plan Commission completes action on any zoning proposal, and the City Council is prepared to vote on the zoning ordinance, the City Council shall send a notice, which contains a copy or summary of the proposed zoning ordinance, to each person on the list whose property, the allowable use of which, may be affected by the zoning ordinance. The notice shall be by mail or in any reasonable form that is agreed to. The City Council may charge each person on the list who receives a notice by first class mail a fee that does not exceed the approximate cost of providing the notice to the person. An ordinance may take effect even if the City fails to send the notice. (Wisconsin Statutes Section 62.23(7)(d)(4))
To request to be added to the notification list, please contact the City of Chippewa Falls Clerk by phone, fax, email, or U.S. Mail as follows:
Bridget Givens, City Clerk
City of Chippewa Falls
30 W Central Street
Chippewa Falls, WI 54729