Inspection & Zoning

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


Does my project require a PERMIT? 

Building Permits are required for the following projects: 

  • Fences;
  • Decks;
  • Sheds (including, pre-built and delivered);
  • Garages;
  • Replacements (including, siding, windows and roofing);
  • Remodeling, alterations and basement finishes;
  • Swimming pools (Three (3) feet or more in depth); and
  • Other projects may require a permit.  Check the City of Chippewa Falls Inspection & Zoning Office for more information.


**Please note, additional permits are required for plumbing, electric & HVAC**


City Inspector Designated Office Hours:

As required by the State of Wisconsin, the City of Chippewa Falls maintains a list of persons who submit a request to receive notice of any proposed zoning action that affects the allowable use of the person's property.

If the Plan Commission completes action on any zoning proposal, and the City Council is prepared to vote on the zoning ordinance, the City Council shall send a notice, which contains a copy or summary of the proposed zoning ordinance, to each person on the list whose property, the allowable use of which, may be affected by the zoning ordinance.  The notice shall be by mail or in any reasonable form that is agreed to.  The City Council may charge each person on the list who receives a notice by first class mail a fee that does not exceed the approximate cost of providing the notice to the person.  An ordinance may take effect even if the City fails to send the notice. (Wisconsin Statutes Section 62.23(7)(d)(4))

To request to be added to the notification list, please contact the City of Chippewa Falls Clerk by phone, fax, email, or U.S. Mail as follows:

Bridget Givens, City Clerk

City of Chippewa Falls

30 W Central Street

Chippewa Falls, WI 54729

Phone: 715-726-2719

Fax: 715-726-2759