- By Mail – Application must be postmarked no later than the third Wednesday before an election (open registration).
- Clerk's Office - You can register in-person in the Clerk's Office Monday- Friday, between 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- Election Day - You can register on Election Day at your polling place.
- **NEW - Online Voter Registration - must be completed no later than the third Wednesday before an election (open registration). https://myvote.wi.gov/en-US/RegisterToVote
• Application for Voter Registration (EL-131) Electronic Fillable [PDF]
PROOF OF RESIDENCE
- Wisconsin Act 182, effective as of April 4, 2014, requires voters to provide a document establishing their proof of residence as part of the voter registration application.
- Acceptable proof of residence must include both your current and complete name and your current and complete address.
- Items that are acceptable proof of residence include:
- Current and valid Wisconsin driver license
- Current and valid Wisconsin identification card
- Utility bill (gas, electric or telephone) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before Election Day
- Bank Statement or Credit Card Statement
- Check or other document issued by a unit of government
- Official identification card of license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
- A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes Election Day
If you are unable to produce an acceptable proof of residence document, contact the Clerk's Office PRIOR to Election Day. We may be able to help!