Small Business Resources during COVID-19
COVID - 19 has had an impact on our small businesses, following are some resources that may be beneficial.
WEDC - We’re All In small business grant application portal opens Monday, June 15th at 8:00am and is scheduled to close on June 23rd until 11:59pm. The application will be live on WEDC’s website on Monday, June 15 via this link https://wedc.org/programs-and-resources/wai-small-business-grant/.
A business may apply for the We’re All In Small Business Grant if it:
• Was in business in February 2020. Businesses that started in 2020 are not eligible;
• Is Wisconsin-based and for-profit;
• Employs 20 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) employees, including the owner; and
• Has more than $0 but less than $1 million in annual revenues.
WEDC Resource Booklet – this is one of the better publications out there with info: https://wedc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/WEDC_Response-to-COVID_19.pdf
CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security) Act – https://www.wbd.org/_data/cms_files/Small%20Business%20Owner%27s%20Guide%20to%20the%20CARES%20Act.pdf?u=1UXR0O
Small Business Development Center: https://www.wbd.org/covid-19-small-business-resources
WEDC Resources: https://wedc.org/programs-and-resources/covid-19-response/
Wisconsin Economic Development Association: http://www.weda.org/covid-19-information-and-resources/
A Message from Chippewa County Public Health:
While Safer at Home is no longer in place, the virus is still present in the Chippewa County community and poses a serious threat to the public’s health. We strongly encourage business to take additional safety precautions to keep staff and customers safe.
• A link to the Business Toolkit on the Chippewa County website. The toolkit has information around policy and procedures for reopening, including sick leave policy, and screening employees.
• A link to the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation Reopening Guidelines, which has detailed instructions for many different business types on how to minimize risk for reopening.