2020 Public Hearing on Special Assessments
Notice of Public Hearing on Special Assessments
Please take notice that the Common Council of the City of Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, has declared its intention to exercise its police power to levy special assessments in accordance with Chapter 3.08 of the Municipal Code and will conduct a public hearing for Special Assessments within the following described areas for the specified improvements:
- Elm Street (Perry Street to Wheaton Street)
- Linden Street (Maple Street to Woodward Avenue)
- Prentice Street (Morris Street to Fourth Avenue), Fourth Avenue (Broadway Avenue to Prentice Street)
- Huron Street (Elm Street to Macomber Street)
- Park Avenue (City Limits to Main Street)
The hearing concerning matters contained in the Preliminary Resolution and the report of the Director of Public works will be held in the Council Chambers at 6:30 P.M. on Tuesday, April 7, 2020. Mayor Hoffman and council members may not physically be present at the Council meeting but will be present remotely and can be viewed via livestream at the www.chippewafalls-wi.gov/council City Council Meeting Live Stream link. Due to Governor Evers Emergency Declaration concerning groups of five and social distancing due to the COVID-19 pandemic, public access to the council room will limited to those citizens who do not have access to the internet. All interested persons, or their agents, or their attorneys will be heard at this time.
Options for those who wish to make a comment:
• Email email@example.com with your name, address and phone number prior to 6:00 pm on April 7 and we will call you for your comments during the meeting. When you are called, please be patient while the connection is made.
• Email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org including your name, address and phone number and upon your request, we will read those comments into the record at the hearing.
• Call (715) 726-2736, press option 2 (Rick Rubenzer). Leave a message with your name, address, phone number, and a statement that you wish us to call you on April 7 for your comments. When you are called, please be patient while the connection is made.
• IF YOU CANNOT ACCESS THE LIVESTREAM VIA THE CITY WEBSITE LISTED ABOVE and want to attend the meeting in person, social distancing will be practiced in the council room to keep the public and city personnel as safe as possible.
When invited to speak, state your name and address and speak either FOR or AGAINST the special assessments for this project. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
Following the hearing, the Common Council will determine the amount of the Special Assessments and will consider a Final Resolution levying these Special Assessments and authorizing construction of these improvements.