Many DMV Services Now Available Online
The Chippewa Falls Police Department
would like to make area residents aware that a number of driver’s license and
vehicle registration services are now available “online”. For those who have
internet capabilities many questions, updates and renewals can be handled
through the Department of Motor Vehicles website.
By utilizing these services motorists and vehicle owners may be able to
avoid trying to make phone contact with, or waiting in line at, a regional DMV
office or local law enforcement agency.
These services are also available 24 hrs a day and can be conducted at
the convenience of the user.
All of the DMV services listed below are now offered online at
Change your residence address
- You can update your primary residence address for your driver license and
any vehicles titled and/or leased to you, including your registration
(license plates). We are unable to accept a temporary, special mailing,
seasonal address or a PO Box exceeding four digits.
Apply for a duplicate driver license or identification card
- Use this online system to obtain a duplicate driver license or
identification card. If you wish to receive a product with an updated
address, see the "change
your residence address"
page prior to applying for the duplicate driver license or identification
Driver’s license status check
- Find out if your driver license is valid, suspended, revoked or
Find out how long you need to file proof of insurance and if you currently
have acceptable proof of insurance filed.
Occupational license eligibility
- If your driver license has been revoked or suspended, find out if you are
eligible for an occupational license.
- If your driver license is suspended, revoked, disqualified or cancelled,
find out if you are eligible to reinstate it or learn what you need to do to
become eligible for reinstatement.
Schedule a road test
- Use this online system to schedule, reschedule, cancel or verify a road
License plate look up
- Find out when your plate expires; get the RRN number so you can renew your
plates online; check to see if an emissions (IM) test is required for the
vehicle; find out if your plate is suspended or valid.
Renew your license plate
- Online registration renewal is available for most vehicles.
Where's my title?
- Find out if your title has been processed recently. Please allow 10 days
from the process date to receive it by mail.
These services can also be accessed via a link on the Chippewa Falls Police